When we woke up this morning it looked like it had rained all night, but by about 10:00 we had around 3 inches of snow! Since we knew we couldn't leave the house all day, we decided to make the most of it. We watched Christmas Story, drank hot chocolate, baked, watched the "breaking news" obsessivley to see the highway looking like bumper cars, and played outside. Ellen wasn't too into the snow. She didn't like the cold/wet on her face, so we didn't make her stay out there long. She did laugh at our snow-ball fight, though!
We don't have any snow clothes for Ellen, so we just wrapped her in as many layers as we could and put ziploc baggies on her feet to keep them dry. If we had a smaller scarf, I'd wrap her up like Randy so only her eyes would show, but we don't... I'm sure she was warm enough anyway.
Yes, those are Superman mittens...
Here's our house. Besides the snow, also note that you can actually see the front door now because we got rid of that dumb bush that blocked the whole porch! I think it looks so much better! We're up to about 5 inches of snow now, and it's not supposed to melt tonight, so we'll take some more pictures tomorrow when it's light again.
5 comments:
That picture of Ellen in the snow is PRICELESS!!! And superman gloves...hehehe, I love it! All the photos were adorable, of course. I can't believe how much snow suddenly appeared--I guess the weather forecasters have to be right every once in a while :) We had people skiing up and down the street! :) Can't wait to see more photos later!
Love the gloves. :)
Man, I wish the snow held off for another week! I'll probably miss it all! Grrrrr. We're just getting rain and wind down here.
LOL at the gloves. My roommate heartily approves!
I love the superman gloves!!! And plastic baggies, what a GREAT idea!!! I am glad Ellen didn't enjoy the snow because neither do I.... It is so funny to see people get excited about it!! It is beautiful though, and your house looks great!!! Ellen is adorable!!!!
I know what you mean about it snowing! I woke up at 8 and couldn't go back to sleep, to excited. We got about 4 inches out here too..so looks like no school for Nicholas tomorrow! Um..superman gloves?! Guess Nicholas has to win every now and then after all! I love the picture of you and Ellen. Hope things pan out and we can get together this weekend. Um..has Jenny had her baby yet?
Post a Comment